Caxton Magazines’ seeks a high-energy advertising sales professional for their Cape Town office. You will be an ambitious, enthusiastic, resilient professional who is passionate about sales & has a strong desire for financial success. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on some of the fastest growing print magazine titles and multimedia platforms in the business. Incumbents will enjoy huge commission-based earning potential complemented with a solid basic.
Reporting including, but not limited to:
- Compiling revenue reports
- Client year on year analysis report
- Industry trend analysis reports
- Selling media platforms which includes, but not limited to events, Social platforms, Digital and Print
- Establishing and fostering long-term relationships with new and existing clients
- Managing an existing client base
- Presenting online product demonstrations
- Generate new business leads
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Negotiating monetary value on a sale and securing contracts
- Cold call clients to increase your client base
- Chasing leads from competitive magazines
- Respond to agency briefs by collaborating with Brand Editors & Studio to
- Brand knowledge
- Collaborate with Editorial, Creative & Insights teams to develop sales strategies and proposals around client needs.
- Prepare sales proposals for advertising budgets
- Help develop sales strategies and collateral
- Negotiating advertising rates and campaign placement on Company network.
- Fortify and expand the existing sales relationships across a variety of categories
- Sell online contextual advertising opportunities to both the agency and client side of the business
- Selling online advertising space and services for leading Website/Magazine/Portal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales/Marketing, Commerce
- Minimum of 3-5 years of B2B sales experience working with a broad spectrum of accounts at a leading media company within sales
- Must have 3 years proven sales experience in either Beauty & Fashion industry.
- Demonstrable experience of selling via agencies as well as client direct.
- Must possess knowledge of the advertising industry within all its mediums.
- Internet savvy and proficient with a sales database and office productivity tools with a particular focus on Excel
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
Skills & Attributes
- Must Demonstrate a good understanding & knowledge of social & digital platforms
- Must be able to sell across multi-platforms
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong account management skills
- Must be solutions-driven with excellent decision-making skills
- Great social skills with the ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Must be commercially astute
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Must be detail & deadline oriented
- Strong written and verbal skills
Should you be interested in this great opportunity and think you would be able to cope with an exciting but challenging and high tempo work environment, send your CV to [email protected] no later than 09/05/2018.