Caxton Magazines is looking for a digital savvy Digital Media Strategist to focus on driving digital revenue growth and optimizing the business’s digital assets through technology-focused initiatives, evaluating existing digital assets, identifying strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
KRA’s include but are not limited to:-
- Develop and implement the overall digital strategy for Caxton magazines.
- Contributes to the development of the Caxton Magazine’s brands Digital Strategy in collaboration with Editorial Division & in accordance with Caxton Magazines divisional digital strategy.
- Identifies revenue opportunities through effective market research, trend analysis, competitor offerings & gap analysis on internal existing platforms.
- Contribute to the Digital Rate card development.
- Analyse historical brand (and campaign) performance results to develop robust benchmarking tools to measure brand performance.
- Define and continually evolve digital cross-platform targets and benchmarks that support key business objectives as per industry trends to enhance the sales process and ensure market competitiveness.
- Monitor and assess Caxton Magazine’s Key Digital platforms against competitor dynamics to ensure alignment & input into Caxton Mags and/or Client’s strategies.
- Effectively utilise research tools to define target audiences and optimise marketing and media plans.
- Improve and maximise Caxton Magazine’s knowledge, skills, and abilities within the areas of digital marketing and technology-driven marketing initiatives by serving as a resource, advisor, mentor and coach within the organisation.
- Develops & presents Digital Sales Tools and Training Decks for the Sales team.
- Serves as Caxton Magazine’s go-to person for brand digital analytics/metrics and insights.
- Define and conduct training in cross-media marketing platforms to internal business partners in collaboration with Human Resources.
Supports Business Development through Commercial Input by:
- Supporting business development in selling media solutions by serving as a digital strategy advisor and proactively developing innovative digital solutions across the business ie. account leads (internal), clients (external) and Editorial Heads.
- Collaborating with the leaders of the client team, helping convince clients of the value of digital marketing services to their business by providing expertise on defining needs and potential solutions.
- Provides advice, guidance & support to Editorial in terms of all things digital including how to optimise social & digital platforms, weaknesses, strengths, corrective action etc.
- Advise on innovative traffic drivers, defining targets.
- Produce and analyse reports on audience performance data, title audience metrics & targets and present actionable insights to internal business partners ie. Editorial, Sales etc.
- Provide reports to Management on overall performance, gaps, and opportunities for monetisation across platforms and titles.
- Batchelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or a related field specialising in online marketing.
- Minimum three years’ professional experience developing a digital marketing strategy, project managing digital programs and online advertising campaigns.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in digital or advertising.
- SEM and SEO experience.
- Developing & presenting concepts/programs for internal/external clients and new business opportunities.
- Experience in Project Management from project inception to project execution within a matrix environment.
- Experience analysing data to solve complex problems and applying it to customer solutions
- Proficient in Excel and experience creating ad hoc reports and dashboards using web analytic tools
Skills & Attributes
- Strong passion for and knowledge of technology & emerging digital media.
- Ability to work independently & within a matrix environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
- Innovative thinker, collaborative team player, and a strong communicator.
- Strong analytical, reporting & time management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in social media marketing (SMM) including blogging, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and more.
- Experience in search engine optimization (SEO), keyword analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software.
Interested candidates are required to submit their applications to [email protected] by no later than 25/05/18.