Caxton Magazines, seeks an experienced Features Writer who can research and write top-class content across our range of titles. As Features Writer, you will be responsible for generating and writing original and inspired features ideas that meets our editorial standards and give rise to attention-grabbing cover lines.
- Research and write a variety of features (interviews, snippets, regular editorial features and top quality online content) in keeping with the style and voice of the brand
- Constantly seek out original, brand appropriate ideas
- Localise existing content to rendering it relevant to a South African audience
- Collaborate with the Digital Editor to create engaging online content
- Craft engaging and attention-grabbing heads & cover lines
- Be an ambassador for the magazine at events which may include after- hours events
- Help maintain output on social media channels
- Have a thorough understanding of brand tone and style
- Manage quality control on all features
- Tertiary qualification in Journalism, Media Studies, English, Communications or Social Media
- At least three years’ demonstrable working experience as a Features Writer and/or online content producer on a consumer magazine or the ability to demonstrate competency within three months of assuming the position
- Proven computer literacy
- Own transport is a must
- Experience working in a digital environment – including writing for an online audience
- Must have a deep understanding of social media
- Awareness of local and international trends/topics and apply them in a way that is relevant to the target market.
Skills & Attributes
- Brilliant writing ability (produce lively, well-researched and engaging features on a range of topics) free of grammatical and/or factual errors
- Ability to prioritise workflow
- An understanding of the brand tone and style
- Must be deadline and detail oriented
- Ability to work within a team and independently
Should you be interested in this great opportunity and think you would be able to cope with an exciting but challenging and high tempo work environment, send your CV to [email protected] by no later than 22/05/18. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.