Caxton Magazines seeks an experienced Features Writer who can research and write top-class content across multiple platforms. As Features Writer, you will be responsible for generating and writing original and inspired features ideas that meet our editorial standards and give rise to attention-grabbing cover lines.
• Research and write a variety of features (interviews, snippets, regular editorial features and top quality online content) in keeping with the style and voice of the brand.
• Constantly seek out original, brand appropriate ideas.
• Produce accurate and engaging features in keeping with the tone the magazine.
• Collaborate with the digital editor to create engaging online content.
• Craft engaging and attention-grabbing heads, cover lines and sells.
• Be an ambassador for the magazine at events which may include after- hours events.
• Cultivate relationships with freelance writers.
• Commission features when necessary.
• Help maintain output on social media channels.
• Engage with readers on the brand’s social media platforms.
• Have a thorough understanding of brand tone and style.
• Manage reader letters.
• Manage quality control on all features.
• Source photographic materials from people interviewed and/or arrange photo shoots where necessary.
• Tertiary qualification in Journalism, Media Studies, English or Communications
• At least two years’ full-time working experience as a features writer and/or online content producer on a consumer magazine
• Substantial experience in writing short-form and long-form content
• Proven computer literacy
• Own transport
• Extensive digital experience & knowledge required and a solid understanding of SEO will be an advantage
• Experience working in a digital environment – including writing for an online audience
• Must have a deep understanding of social media
Skills & Attributes
• Brilliant writing ability (produce lively, well-researched and engaging features on a range of topics) free of grammatical or factual errors.
• Ability to prioritise workflow and meet deadlines
• An understanding of the brand’s tone and style
• Must be deadline and detail oriented
Should you be interested in this great opportunity and think you would be able to cope with an exciting but challenging and high tempo work environment, send your CV to [email protected] by no later than 01/06/18. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful